Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Perpetual Frump

The Perpetual Frump is rarely seen on the BYU campus, but when she appears, she turns heads--in the worst way possible. Unlike all the other female BYU students who between daily classes and nightly dates can somehow find time to haul A to University Mall and buy new outfits everyday, the PF has apparently not yet found the balance between her social life and academia. On the plus side, BYU students tend to be optimistic; they generally assume the PF has some form of influenza.

Characteristics include:
-stained T shirt from her senior year of high school
-hair pulled back in a greasy ponytail
-yesterday's makeup
-lack of earrings
-dark undereye circles

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like this describes me. However, my hope and prayer, is that I'm not a perpetual frump, but instead, a frump of convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know one personally (as in, lived with her), and I still do not understand how it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best part about this is that even though i do not attend BYU, i have seen these things throughout my hometown of Provo my whole life. At least now i know where they are coming from.

    This blog is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel I may embody this stereotype. but I make up for it with a delightful personality.

    ReplyDelete