Sunday, January 10, 2010

Library Goers: First Floor

People found on this floor of the library mean serious business. With little to no cell service they are not going to be found updating their twitter with awesome little anecdotes like "OMG totally studying in the librarrrrrrry!! hahaha come joinnnnnn! =D" and if they have a computer, you will never see the soft glow of facebook's blue and white grace their screen.

No, these students are seasoned BYUers and are either married or are so caught up in the rapture of the celibate life of study that they've left the sexually-charged-chaste-tension that is the rest of BYU and have entered Grad school. You'll usually catch these students with materials that no other student has access to (i.e. a Bible printed on the original Gutenberg press, or the lost 116 pages of the Book of Mormon).

Studying down here requires a furrowed brow, writer’s bump, and most importantly: the lack of a libido.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a periodicals girl, myself. I have ventured down there before though, and your report is accurate. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to blame my utter celibacy on the fact that I'm always studying on the first floor, but alas, I can only blame my homeliness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...because I never study on the first floor. Not sure if that came through.

    ReplyDelete