Monday, April 12, 2010

The Propagandists

Interactions with these people always result in Honor Code violations. No, they're not prostitutes or people who force boys to grow beards, they're the club representatives shoving those tiny colored papers in your face as you try to make your way to the Cougar Eat, forcing you to lie through your teeth and thus betray your honor and promise to attend the dance/service activity/blood drive. And don't get me wrong, it is great that we have a college campus where people are involved in Things...but don't we have any sort of environmentalist club? Are they not opposed to this immense waste of paper? NO ONE keeps these flyers. If I ever see an exceptionally conscientious student who carefully places one of these notices in his planner rather than in the trash or in that random, unused pocket in his or his backpack, I will do consecutive somersaults all the way from the JKB to the MARB. Plus I never remember what the flyer is actually advertising because I'm too focused on the cute guy that gave it to me (which is a separate issue altogether: convincing poor stupid girls like me that he only hands ads for his volleyball game to the girls he likes? For shame) or on the candy that was taped to it.

3 comments:

  1. Ahaha! Nothing convinces me to take worthless crap like a man in those blue warm-ups or a fun-sized milky way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I hate the most is when you have to walk back past the person and they try to give you another flyer. That's when I wish I still had the first one they gave me so i could use it as a free ticket to get past them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I get a flier, I just turn around and pass it off to someone else like I'm one of the distributors--I think that it's a pretty good system. Jordyn--this blog is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete